SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Popup blockers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:13 pm    
Post subject: Popup blockers

I set up a test PC to try out your software. It had a popup blocker installed, as MANY people do these days. When it connected to FirstSpot, the blocker immediately killed the popup windows you open and the connection was terminated. I have a feeling you are going tell me that this is by design and tell the customers to just disable their popup blockers. Is that the case? Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:10 am    
Post subject:

If you want to disable the FirstSpot InfoBox Popup, see http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14 for instructions

Of course, you need to disable the popup blockers if you want the InfoBox to function. Whether the Infobox is present or not will not affect your connection through FirstSpot. Our Instant Keyword technology was designed for end-users to logout in cases where InfoBox is disabled.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:07 pm    
Post subject:

I'm sorry I didn't make this problem clear. When the Panicware.com popup blocker I use killed the popup boxs, the internet connection was also terminated before it even started. I do not know the internal workings of your software enough to tell what happened, but I can say that I had NO internet access when the popup blocker was doing it's job.

This is not about splash ads. This is not about disabling splash ads. This is about popup blockers killing the connection, probably before it even starts.

When I disable the popup blocker, everything works fine. Would you mind downloading the free version of Panicware's popup blocker and testing this out? Or perhaps you already have the answer. Thanks.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:27 am    
Post subject:

Corey,

We've just tested the Panicware ad blocker with FirstSpot and everything seems working fine. The InfoBox was blocked (successfully and expectedly) and the browser was redirected to the destination site without problems. In fact, we've tested FirstSpot wil several popular ad blockers before releasing.

If you don't mind, can you send us an email at firstspot@patronsoft.com? We would like to diagnose your specific case in details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: