SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Apache service available on public interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cchamb2

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:24 pm    
Post subject: Apache service available on public interface

Is it possible for the Apache service that is supporting the Private Interface to also support the Public Interface?

I have it set up, and it works fine from the wireless end out to the Internet. Not a single problem there.

I'd like anyone who browses from the Internet to the WAN IP on my router to get passed (Port forwarding is enabled on the router) to the Apache service on the hotspot server, to get a web site (for example, of the cafe hosting it).

I'd also like to be able to set it up so that anyone behind the router that tries browsing to the hotspot server gets a web site instead of the Firstspot Demo Page. What folder/file on the server hosts the Firstspot Demo page?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:37 am    
Post subject:

The files are under \FirstSpot\firstspotdemo directory.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:32 am    
Post subject:

Is it possible for the Apache service that is supporting the Private Interface to also support the Public Interface?

I have it set up, and it works fine from the wireless end out to the Internet. Not a single problem there.

I'd like anyone who browses from the Internet to the WAN IP on my router to get passed (Port forwarding is enabled on the router) to the Apache service on the hotspot server, to get a web site (for example, of the cafe hosting it).
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:54 am    
Post subject:

In that case, you need to change the httpd.conf, and we don't support that.

You can try to force your router to route that traffic to FirstSpot machine Public IP (by adding a routing rule) if the public side machines access FirstSpot's Private IP. This does require some good networking knowledge pull it off though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: