SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Printer on private network -- Can I keep client isolation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiguelAG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 pm    
Post subject: Printer on private network -- Can I keep client isolation?

Hello,

I'm planning to put a printer in the private network with a fixed IP address. Could I keep "Client Isolation" enabled or do I need to disable it?

Would it work if I keep Client Isolation enabled and I add printer fixed IP address to "Exception Free Websites" to allow the clients accessing the printer?

Thank you very much in advance, kind regards,

MiguelAG
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:07 am    
Post subject:

Yes, it should work. Note that your printer IP should have class C subnet mask. E.g. assuming default Private IP 10.20.7.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 with Client Isolation on, your Printer IP should be 10.20.7.100 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and you need to put 10.20.7.100 in the Exception Free Websites IP list.

BTW, are you interested in purchasing official support within our maintenance program? The maintenance will give you the right for timely official support (like this response) and free upgrade. See http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/buy_now_3.html for details.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:36 pm    
Post subject:

Thank, you, Alan,

the example you give us with class C subnet mask can be applied also with class B, isn't it? (as long as Firstspot private network is class B we could set up the printer with class B subnet as well).

Regarding official support, yes, we are interested, but we are in negotiations with the final customer for this purpose, many thanks,

MiguelAG
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:28 am    
Post subject:

Yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: