SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Anonymous Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dickh50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 am    
Post subject: Anonymous Mode

We are running in anonymous mode at the moment but when we look at Status we don't always see the anonymous sessions listed. We are also experiencing intermittent problems connecting through firstspot and clients not always able to get an address via dhcp. We are running on a 2003 server. When we take firstspot out of the picture and just use a basic router, connectivity seems to be stable. Clients always seem to be able to associate fine with the AP. Any help is appreciated.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:30 am    
Post subject:

In order for user to be shown in Anonymous Mode's Status page, he needs to access the Internet through Firstspot. After he clicks okay, he should be listed in the Status page.

For DHCP problem, are you using FirstSpot DHCP server? Make sure you don't have another DHCP server running in your network. The 100% way to confirm this is to use sniffing tool like Wireshark (i.e. Ethereal). Also, you should ensure the physical network is stable by:
1) assign a static IP for the client PC (so that you don't use DHCP for the time being)
2) issue : ping -t PrivateIP (where PrivateIP is the FirstSpot Private Network Interface IP)

BTW, are you interested in purchasing official support within our maintenance program? The maintenance will give you the right for timely official support (like this response) and free upgrade. See http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/buy_now_3.html for details.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:06 pm    
Post subject:

We have purchased support. That was my next question. Where do we find a support number or link. This information has not been given to us yet.

I will recheck the dhcp server but I don't believe there is one running other than Firstspots.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 pm    
Post subject:

Sorry, I located your support record. For future enquiry, you can email to support@patronsoft.com (posting in this forum is fine too).

Have you done the ping test (physical test) I mentioned? One other thing is that you need to make sure you put all static IPs in visitor network segment are in the DHCP -> Excluded IP list. Otherwise, it will conflict with FirstSpot DHCP server hand out.

If you still have difficulties, please first reproduce the problem, and then post your firstspot_DHCP_[timestamp].log file under FirstSpot\log directory for further analysis.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:58 pm    
Post subject:

I will check this and get back to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: