SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Is Firstspot the right product for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwgraham

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:54 pm    
Post subject: Is Firstspot the right product for me?

Hi, I have an apartment which I rent out for short term business and holiday lets. I have just created a work area in the apartment and installed a PC and Printer, the PC is connected to the internet via an integrated Ethernet/Wi-Fi Netgear ADSL Router model: DG834GT. The ADSL service is 512Kb with a fixed IP address.

I would like to charge my customers by the day for internet access either via the desktop PC (through ethernet) or via a Wireless connection on their own laptop. I plan to manage the administration of Firstspot remotely using pcAnywhere.

Can someone confirm if Firstspot is suitable for this purpose, does it require any special hardware and how easy is it to configure bearing in mind I have limited networking knowledge.

Many thanks in advance

Will
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:29 am    
Post subject:

Your requirements should fit FirstSpot very well.

Keep in mind though FirstSpot won't work for DG834GT. FirstSpot needs to sit between your Wi-Fi Access Point and your ADSL Internet connection. So your network setup should be:

AP -> FirstSpot -> Router -> ADSL Modem -> Internet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: