SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

New Pricing Model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devonwood-wireless

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:05 pm    
Post subject: New Pricing Model

Hi,

Well I think I searched the forum back to edition 2.0, so here goes my question....

In the second edition, I know the pricing model was stuck on the one hour of time is 60-anytime minutes. As with other service providers, like T-Mobile and Boingo, there minutes model refers to 60 minutes is 60 minutes from whenever you start, to exactly 60 minutes after that. I would like to know how you set this up in FirstSpot.

Personally, I would charge more for 60-anytime minutes than I would for 60-use-them-now for the next 60 minutes.

Thanks,
Evin
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:25 am    
Post subject:

You cannot do that exactly yet in v3.

The closest thing is to set "Account is active: At the user's first login", and configure FirstSpot to suspend the account x days after it has been active. So the unit is day instead of minute.

We would like to hear feedback from the FirstSpot community. Please voice it out if you think changing the unit from day to minute will help your scenerio. A brief descrption on your usage pattern can certainly help us to justify making this enhancement.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:02 am    
Post subject: New Time Model (or not?)

This is what is currently listed in the FirstSpot new specs on the Patronsoft site:

"• Time-limited pre-paid and post-paid accounts support. Support for hour-pass/day-pass tracking model (in additional to the v2 access minutes model) (new!)"

I interpretated this as one hour = 60 minutes from initial login or 24 hours after initial login. I understand how to make the account expire via the new "plans" segment, but I do not see the functionality for the new 60 min. model I described here.

If this feature is not available, I would love to see it in 3.x edition. I don't believe that this feature would be terribly hard to integrate, but it would be worth it either way.

P.S A clarification on the site would be helpful as I don't believe I am the only one who is thinking about this.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:50 am    
Post subject:

Just to confirm that we will change the unit from day to minute in the coming v3 update.

Note that there will be database table definition changes.

Hope this helps.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:05 am    
Post subject:

The just released v3.0.4 update will include the enhancement you need. Please test it and give us feedback if you have any difficulty.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: