SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Security & etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:35 am    
Post subject: Security & etc

I'm opening up a Cyber Cafe & Deli in Central Washington. I'll have 2 sources of internet both 3mb/s syncronious. Can i combine them to make 6mb/s?

Also is there any way to govern the user's access on the computer? ie eliminate the start button, automatically if they download goto like a CDR drive? etc.

Will be running either Win XP Pro Svc pack 2 as the server & OS's and eitehr that as the server or windows 2003 server. and says ObDC program is optional? Excuse me for being stupid but what is that? and why is it optional? thanks.

Tim
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:40 am    
Post subject:

1) Normally, you will do that in the router between FirstSpot and Internet. E.g.

FirstSpot -> Router (that supports combining multiple Internet connection) -> Internet

2) FirstSpot is a pure web-based, clientless solution. So FirstSpot cannot enforce client policy

3) FirstSpot comes bundle with a default dbase (.dbf) ODBC datasource. Optionally, you can change the ODBC datasource to MySQL or MS SQL Server.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:03 pm    
Post subject:

@Anonymous Guest

[quote]I'll have 2 sources of internet both 3mb/s syncronious. Can i combine them to make 6mb/s?[/quote]

No, the way is is a router with load balancing like allnet1297.
This router has 2 dsl-ports and 4 lan-ports. There is no way
to combine the dsl-ports up to 6mb/s like ISDN from 64kbit
to 128kbit.

Regards

Pastrycook
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:59 am    
Post subject:

I think those routers do exist (e.g. check out http://www.draytek.com.tw/english/product/broadband_security_router/vigor3300/vigor3300.php or ZyWALL 70 or Surecom EP-4624AX). Note that if the router performs load balancing by source IP, you need to turn off the NAT in FirstSpot so that the router can recognize different client PC IPs (instead of 1 FirstSpot IP).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: