SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

FirstSpot, AP2500 and logging problems :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rafal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:20 pm    
Post subject: FirstSpot, AP2500 and logging problems :-(

Hi!
I use FirstSpot Advanced ver. 3.0.1 in my wireless public network. Application works on Win 2003 Server. As wireless part I use AP2500 by Proxim (as AP's) and Orinoco Gold/Linksys WUSB11 (as clients). I configure AP2500 as normal AP's (without billing, auth. etc.). Wireless client login to AP (in DHCP mode), I can ping AP and FirstSpot server NIC (10.20.7.2 and 10.20.7.1 in my position). I turn on redirection to http://10.20.7.1:5788/login.php on AP so when I open www, AP redirect me to right URL -> login page and...when I try to login (with user which I have created) application show me notis like below:
-----------
Notice: Undefined variable:sess_patronsoft2 in c:\program files\firstspotauthserv\login.php on line 294
Warning: com_invoke(): Invoke() failed: Niedopasowanie typu.
Argument: 4 in c:\program files\firstspot\authserv\login.php on line 294
Invalid login! Please try again...
----------
It isn't cookie/browser/OS problem, because I check it (on several machines and OSes).
Any ideas?

Regards
Rafal
jason
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:51 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Rafal,

You should not redirect you client to http://10.20.7.1:5788/login.php on your AP. Please remove this setting.

All you have to do is:
1, turn off DHCP on your AP, Firstspot has its own DHCP server
2, after obtaining an ip address from firstspot, launch the web browser in the client PC and type any address in the address bar (e.g. www.yahoo.com). Firstspot will redirect you to the login page automatically, you can then login .......
3, If still in doubt, please refer to firstspot_guide.pdf under the firstspot directory.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:47 pm    
Post subject: :-)

thx jason
OK, I will do it, but next year ;-) I have just started New Year Eve Party!!!
Cheer!!! and Happy New Year!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:53 am    
Post subject: I check it :-(

This way don't work permanently...
I turn off DHCP server and redirection on AP and turn on DHCP server on FirstSpot - now I haven't IP address from DHCP on client portable computer ("renew all" command doesn't work too, because client doesn't see FirstSpot DHCP server).
Why?
I don't understand it.
When I testing trial 2.0 version I haden't problems...

Regards
Rafal
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:43 am    
Post subject:

We need to solve the DHCP renew problem first. Can you try to renew again? Sometimes, Windows will timeout too quickly. Also, you might want to reboot your Windows client PC.

If you still have problem, please post:
1) the ipconfig/all dump of your client PC (after ipconfig/renew failed)
2) the trace.txt file under FirstSpot\dhcp subdirectory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:59 am    
Post subject: Step by step...

I prepared very simple topology without wireless clients, only LAN...
Internet<->Microwave Link<->D-Link DI-604 Router<->WAN Card/FirstSpot/LAN Card<->Client (by LAN)
DI-604 DHCP off IP 192.168.1.1
WAN Card IP 192.168.1.2
FirstSpot DHCP sever on (Windows 2003 Server, PIV, 512MB RAM)
LAN Card 10.20.7.1
LAN Client (no WLAN) DHCP on
I have Internet on FirstSpot server...I can ping serwer/router from client, but when I try open www, I see "Connection with server has disconected"

another way

DI-604 DHCP off IP 192.168.1.1
WAN Card IP 192.168.1.2
FirstSpot DHCP sever off
LAN Card 10.20.7.1
LAN Client (no WLAN) DHCP off IP 10.20.7.2
exactly the same :/

I configure it step by step amd I think in phisics layer everything looks fine, but starting page I didn't see... :-(

Help, friends...
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:05 am    
Post subject:

please email us at firstspot@patronsoft.com the following:
1) ipconfig/all dump of the FirstSpot machine
2) all the debug log files under FirstSpot\log
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:45 am    
Post subject:

Comment from Rafal via email:
> It's very strange, because DHCP server in FirstSpot doesn't work properly. It's doesn't work at all. Now I have configuration like below:
> Internet<->Microwave Modem<->WAN Server Card<->LAN server Card<->Client (by LAN)
>
> When I have DHCP server on in FirstSpot (range 10.20.7.10-10.20.7.253) LAN client take 10.20.7.2 (it's not my range) - I checked it on command line and I saw, that DHCP server didn't work (I have turn on it - I'm sure!!!).
> Then I have changed on client to static IP (10.20.7.10) and turn off DHCP server in Firstspot - I could ping LAN card (10.20.7.1), WAN card (85.128.90.2), but nothing more (like gateway 85.128.90.1). I think it's very, very strange and I don't understand it.
> Why DHCP server doesn't work?
> In attachment I send you files you asked.

We received your debug log and ipconfig/all dump.

Since even after you turn off DHCP server and assign IP statically in the client, you cannot ping the gateway 85.128.90.1. The problem should not lie in the DHCP server. Please try:

1) make sure you turn off offloading in the Private Network Interface (for your case, it is LAN_I). Refer to readme.rtf for details.

2) If after your turn off offloading you still have difficulty, you might want to try to reinstall FirstSpot with a different network card as Private Network Interface as a test. This action will help us to narrow down the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: