SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

dsn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:45 pm    
Post subject: dsn

ok, I am the previus anonimus user. I installed the mysql driver from the link made a file dsn witch pointed to my external mysql server. Then tested it, worked fine. I then pointed my file dsn in authentiaction tab to that file dsn.
now i get this error.

Warning: odbc_result(): Field eminutes not found in c:\program files\firstspot\cfgmgr\users.php on line 526
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:50 pm    
Post subject:

Make sure you create the table using the current version of the "create table" statement within firstspot_guide.pdf. Note that there is a table definition change in v3.0.4 ( refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381 )

My guess is that your table was created using the pre-v3.0.4 create table statement within firstspot_guide.pdf (but you are using v3.0.4 right now).

(Of course, we cannot rule out it is a FirstSpot issue. But please double-check your create table statement first)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:19 pm    

Good Call. It was the new pdf sql statment that worked.
newguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:23 pm    

Ok, now I have another one. When the datat base is upgraded with a new and inproved data tables. How are we going to keep from losing our data base. Can you guys make some upgrade sql table staements to avoid this problem.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:14 am    
Post subject:

You can export the tables into CSV format and then import it back to the new tables. The function is under the User tab inside Configuration Manager.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: