SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

scenario 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:32 pm    
Post subject: scenario 2

i just installed firstspot v3 on my server and i noticed that it said that i couldn't use radius authenication. is there a way to work around this? I also would like to make each location calculate the amount of money made at each location that has firstspot installed, is there a way to do this?
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:26 am    
Post subject:

Can you please let us know the exact problem you're running into? Trial version does allow you to do RADIUS authentications.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:56 pm    
Post subject:

Well in the readme file, it says that radius authenication is not able to be used under this scenario. I was just wondering why? I want have each local hotspot to have its own firstspot server that connects back to the radius server for authenication and accounting. I was also asking if I could make each location keep track of how much money has been brought in during that month, can I do this?
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:08 am    
Post subject:

Thanks for your clarifications.

To be more precise, when you turn on scenario 2 (that's an option switch) in Configuration Manager, you won't be able to use RADIUS.

However in your case, it's not exactly scenario 2 that we have been referring to; although it's true that they are very alike.

If your concern is the feasibility to have mutiple FirstSpot to use a backend RADIUS server for authentication purposes; that's totally possible and should work.

Sorry for the confusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: