SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

PayPal Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brassic_lint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:57 pm    
Post subject: PayPal Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I have succesfully installed firstspot (demo version)....

I have set up a shopping cart item for 10 minutes, and when I try and buy this, it all seems ok - goes to paypal, takes the payment, puts it in my account etc - but the IPN never seems to be recieved so FirstSpot doesn't credit the account with 10 minutes and when the user looks at their payment history, under Payment Status it says "Unknown Yet".

Any clues.............

I have turned in IPNs in my Paypal Account and the FirstSpot Software is set with a publicly accessible address.....

Help!!
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:13 pm    
Post subject:

Do you have any broadband router siting between FirstSpot's public interface and the Internet? If so, please check if you have configured at the router to allow traffic coming from port 5789 (default) and forward such traffic to the FirstSpot machine.

Also, please check if you see a file called paypal_txn.log under the FirstSpot\Log directory.

Last edited by kevin on Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
brassic_lint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:00 pm    
Post subject:

It's OK, I resolved the issue, I had to re-start the PC to get the server to listen on port 5789, I looked at the apache logs and found that it was replying to PayPal with a 404 error. Retarting the service "kicked" it into life!

Many Thanks for your prompt reply however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: