SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Different locations...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
memyself

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:08 pm    
Post subject: Different locations...

Hi there,

please can you give a more extensive explanation about how to set up different locations?

As i understand in Scenario 2 you need a PC running Firstspot in every location. So Scenario 3 would be better... but how to set this up not beeing a ISP... can we "merge" the networks with some kind of tunneling, VPN or something?

Thanks in advance, regards.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:54 am    
Post subject:

Please refer to this document:

http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/FirstSpot_Scenario_3_with_VPN.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:26 am    
Post subject:

Hi Kevin,

in this solution ALL of the traffic passes the location where FirstSpot is runnning, right? So apart of the complicatedness, this solution requires much bandwidth on that location.

Would be nice if you could release a small version of Firstspot, like a Firstspot Client, which can run on the remote Hotspot locations and only connects to the "main" Server with its user database. Maybe this could be even integrated in a AP's firmware or a little box. Is there anything like that in process?

Regards.
c24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:34 am    
Post subject: Response...

Hi,

i'm waiting for a short response on my doubts. Please, tell me more about the bandwidth which would be nessesary using the VPN scenario.

Also, would be great to know if there is any development in progress towards a "client" version which could only be used on the remote sites for authentication using the main server's database.

Regards, C24
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:39 pm    
Post subject:

Your observation about the bandwidth issue is right. Your suggestion of 'client' version is of much interest to us. We will research and explore it further. Thanks for your suggestion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:00 pm    
Post subject: Different locations...

Don't get to optimistic

If my inbound pipe to my co-located server is choked due to wireless subscriber traffic, I'll be rich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: