SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

PayPal payments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eastcom

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:15 pm    
Post subject: PayPal payments

Could you please explain how Firstspot translates the monetary payment from a credit card to an exact credit of a certain number of minutes on a user's account? The monetary amount will be variable, depending on the administrator's preference, but should translate to a certain amount of airtime on the user's account. How does this get handled? When does it get posted? Immediately?
jason
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:17 am    
Post subject:

Paypal will post an Instant Payment Notification (IPN, containing transaction info.) back to the Firstspot server and then Firstspot will update the user account accordding to the postback info. Sometime the IPN postback will take up to a few minutes.

You might want to refer to Charter 7 of firstspot_guide.pdf
and http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=470&highlight=shopping+cart

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:52 pm    
Post subject: PayPal payments

Thanks for your suggestions. I am still unable to see the acknowledgement from PayPal for a given payment. In PayPal, I have turned on IPN, but without the IPN url, as you indicate in the manual.

I have opened ports 5788 and 5789 in my router. I have listed my static IP in configuration manager as http://publicly accessible url:5789.

My log file does not show a post back transaction from PayPal.

Perhaps I should define and use an internet host name assigned to my static IP, rather than the IP itself.

Any suggestions?
jason
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:37 pm    
Post subject:

If firstspot is behind a router, you must forward port 5789 from your router to the firstspot machine.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:10 am    
Post subject: Paypal payments

Yes, that did it. Thank you.

Question related to Paypal and Plans. When I specify a 24 hour period, I would expect to have an expire date and time (this happens) and also "time left", counting down from 24 hours. Instead, the "time left" reports as "unlimited", which is really not accurate. How can I have the counter count down from 24 hours?
jason
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:03 am    
Post subject:

In order to achieve this, you can customize info.php (under authserv/firstspot), extract the "edate" field from the fsusr table and convert it into remaining mintues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: