SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Suggestion for Firstspot 3.x or 4.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devonwood-wireless

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:33 pm    
Post subject: Suggestion for Firstspot 3.x or 4.0

Greetings Patronsoft!

So far, we are loving your software. Have tried many others around, and not been as satisfied with any others,

We would love to suggest an idea to a future release or update to the current version of Firstspot:

-Printer management integrated within Firstspot, a pay-to-print feature if you will. I'm not sure how you would implement something like this, but I would assume that it would be an IP address that you are only able to access after you've paid. I know there are many software solutions out there, but I've yet to find them. If you know of an alternate solution, please suggest them to me.

Additionally, we are very interested in customizing PayPal beyond actually having users be transferred to the site. Most of our users do not want to give their address or phone numbers out or even register for a PayPal account. One of the most common ways we lose customers is because a) someone had a bad experience with them (ex: through eBay) or b) they forgot the login to their account and it won't let them use their credit card without the right login.

(In situation B, we have a big problem)...User says "If I can have a login to the wireless/wired network, then I can request the password be sent to me, but otherwise, I can't use my account." Network staff at our business usually says, here is a login...They check their e-mail and then they've done their business and for some reason they just never pay for a full access. Yes, we only give them a dummy account with five minutes, but if they launch Outlook or some other program, they download their whole inbox, and that's it, they don't have a need for access anymore.

There must be another payment solution that can be integrated (We've already tried WorldPay)...Any suggestions!

Thanks Guys! You rock!

-Evin
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:17 am    
Post subject:

1) Printing Management - we do have plan to implement this feature in v4. Will contact you directly for feedback shortly.

2) Note that you can setup an account with airtime credit (i.e. timeleft) of zero minute. That way the user can login and then will be immediately redirected to the shopping cart page.

Also, we will support authorize.net in the v4.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:16 pm    
Post subject: Another feature I would like to see

I would like a description field for static users. Sometimes our support staff will set up an account and it would be nice to have something explaining what it is for.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:45 am    
Post subject:

Currently in v3 you can store the description in the "Extra Information Fields". The columns name are signup01 - signup10 (in table fsusr). Currently, only the client PC can enter them during the self sign-up process. Otherwise you have to update the database table directly.

In the coming v4 version, we will incorporate those fields in the Configuration Manager UI and Anonymous mode.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:15 pm    
Post subject:

Hi...

May be interesting the possibility to pay for the Account with pre-payed cards with a CODE to insert in the Login Form to be logged..

Another way is the SMS Message to give the CODE to login...

I think is not difficult, just a question of Database setup..

Any ideas..??

Franceso - Italy
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:00 am    
Post subject:

You can do that right now in v3 with minor customization.

After end-user the pays (with an external system like pre-paid card), a program will insert a row to the fsusr table, and then the hotspot operator gives (or SMS) the username/password to the end-user.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: