SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Billing Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jory

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:13 pm    
Post subject: Billing Options

I am currently reviewing your software to see about implementing it in my ISP. So far it has worked without a problem. I am basically using an advanced vesion of Scenario 1 with multiple APs in different locations. The arrangement that I have with the location owners is that they receive a small fee for each customer that purchases access to the internet from their location. Is it possible to have FirstSpot cart options send payment to different PayPal accounts depending on which AP the logged in from? Can FirstSpot log where the originating request came from? If I have to route my network like Scenario 3 and use several login pages will it keep a record of how many users paid for service from each login page? Installing a seperate FirstSpot server at each location will not work because it will quickly become to costly.
Jory

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:37 pm    
Post subject: Response?

Does anyone have an answer to these questions? I am running out of time until I have to have this project completed and this is my last problem with the FirstSpot software. Will Senario 3 track what IP network paid for what services in the cart so that hotspot owners can get their commission?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:37 am    
Post subject:

Currently our PayPal log does not track the client IP.

You can customize paypal_submit.php so that it writes the IP to the table ppal during submit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:03 pm    
Post subject: No way?

So there is no way for FirstSpot to track where a customer logged in from? Can it send to different Paypal accounts depending on whitch login page the user started at?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:26 am    
Post subject:

Well, you need some customization (as specified above) on FirstSpot to achieve that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: