SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

can first spot do this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberElements

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:05 am    
Post subject: can first spot do this?

Wondering if this is possible, i don't see why not. I live in a university town/community and want to setup a WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider). I will have either 2 T1's or a T3 as an Internet source.

So i have the feed, and with this software, hopefully will be all good. My question is.. i am using D-Link's broadcast equipment (antenna and transmitter/AP) as my broadcaster, and a 2.93Ghz Celeron, 256meg ram 80gb hdd, for the "server" fro firstspot. it has one LAN Card built in, and gonna add another for the "out" part.

Running Win XP Home SP2. Do i need any other software? Cause i have no clue what ODBC is... can i do what i want to do w/this software, from all comparisons yes i can.

Also we're gonna have multiple AP/Broadcast points and they're setup to be point to multipoint ap's... anyway please let me knwo thanks

Tim
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:43 am    
Post subject:

Basically, FirstSpot just need Windows. As for the ODBC, we have built-in ODBC file-based dbf datasource that works well. But later if you have high concurrent users, you might want to switch to MySQL or SQL server.

FirstSpot will work with all AP setup, provided that it is in a same network segment (Scenario 1). See http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/topologies.html for details.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:15 am    
Post subject:

ok but can i use multiple - same database for the multiple AP locations? right now i have 2 broadcast points... can i use the one server, which goes to the one AP, which beams to the other AP... do i have it right?

Tim
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:12 am    
Post subject:

Yes, your setup will be like:

AP1 <---> AP2 -> FirstSpot -> router -> Internet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: