SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

beta2 Passive Login Still don't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielillu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:41 am    
Post subject: beta2 Passive Login Still don't work

I'm trying v4 beta2 and I'm using MAC as username and passive login, for having other devices (not computers) logged and to grant direct access to selected coputer MAC addresses.

I use my wifi PCCard MAC Address, check Passive login box, save the user, and...
Firstspot still asks me for a password that I don't know.

I posted this issue a few days ago, and alan responded that was corected on beta2, but it isn't. what happens?

other issue I have found:
I had v4 beta1 installed. I removed it and installed beta2. After that, I couldn't start firstspot, i got a getpublicip() error. I solved it overwriting current config.ini with a copy of beta1 config.ini.

what about these couple of errors?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:05 am    
Post subject:

1) We are unable to reproduce your problem in v4 beta 2. Please make sure you create the username in Configuration Manager, and double-check that the username is the MAC address. Also, there should be no NAT router (i.e. the WAN port of your AP should not be used) between your client PC and FirstSpot.

2) The getpublicip() error happens when FirstSpot fails to query the Public Network Interface. Our experience is that this usually happens when your Windows network configuration is corrupted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:02 pm    
Post subject:

I've isolated the problem
Passive Login only works when:
there's ONE and ONLY ONE MAC-as-username on the user list.

If there's more than one MAC-as-username user, then passive login option doesn't work anymore, even if onlñy one MAC is online.

It was tried on a fresh, new & clean windows XP Service Pack 1 (+ All windows Updates, except service pack 2), and a fresh, new and default install of v4 beta 2 trial.

Also I get problems (not achieve to redirect users after login) when service pack 2 is installed (also fresh & new installs).

Everyrhing else is working ok for me, right now. QoS (very limited but working properly), VoIP, Bandwidth control...

Also.. How can I limit p2p users or limit number of simultaneous tcp connections per user, because there are many p2p software that uses a big bunch of different ports, but all of them make a big number of connections so filtering these, virtually all p2p are being filtered.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:10 am    
Post subject:

1) We confirm that there is a problem with Passive Login in v4 beta 2. Sorry it is not fixed in beta 2 as promised, we will ensure it is fixed in v4 final release

2) XP SP2 should work fine (as we use it in our office every day). Looks like you have routing problem in your case.

3) You might want try the feature "max time limit per session", which is useful for disconnecting long-running P2P user session.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:58 am    
Post subject:

Thank you for your attention.
I'm waiting for v4 final release to buy it asap.

Could you explain better what is reduced in reducd mode when licensecannot be validated?
could it be deactivated? as firstspot can be used to access a Intranet site isolated from internet for security purpose.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:03 am    
Post subject:

Actually, you cannot really disable the Reduced Functionality Mode. FirstSpot needs to validate the license online during startup.

I suggest you to give your FirstSpot machine (only) access to the site "patronsoft.com" and "www.firstspot.info" to solve this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: