SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Release date for v4 final & possible bugs¿?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielillu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:00 pm    
Post subject: Release date for v4 final & possible bugs¿?

I've been trying v4 beta 1 and it fit my needs almost perfectly, but I have some question about licensing and think i've found a bug, or maybe a half implemented function (or it does something different to what I expect).

About licensing my doubt is:
when it's aproximately planned to release v4 and what happens with my license if I purchase a v3.1.4 license now, and a few months (<4) v4 is released. Will it be valid or I'll need to purchase a new license?

And the bug or half implemented option is found under:
Configuration Manager -> Users -> Add.
there's a new option called "Use MAC as username" that identifies Client MAC and only asks for the password.
And there's a sub-option called "Passive login", that disables password fields. After saving user, when I return to user list and check my MAC+Passive user there appears **** on password fields, and they are not editable (even if I click on Edit button).

If I use a computer MAC as username and check Passive login option, It asks for a password, like if passive login wasn't active.

What I think this option does is to detect clients by MAC as Session Handling Client pass-through (using MAC) but applying restrictions as any other user (Bandwidth throtling, Plans, ...).
Or at least this is what I would like it to do, and have control over VoIP devices (like Linksys PAP2 and UTStarcom F1000. Both uses sip protocol). Nowadays I'm trying to control these by Session Handling but it doesn't apply any restriction so it's not the best solution.

I think this v4 behaviour is due to a bug or an incomplete option, or it needs major explanation.

Also, should be appropiate to explain a bit more QoS option and its protocol keywords (like skype) what others there are and if possible allow port ranges and more port entries (limited to 9 entry only).
I think there's a protocol keyword named sip, or at least, I entered it and it was accepted.

Thank you very much for the help you offer here.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:36 am    
Post subject:

Passive Login option within "Use MAC as username" is exactly what you describe. It acts like client pass-through with all the user attributes. Most likely you encounter an UI bug when creating a user with Passive Login turned on. We try our internal latest v4 beta 2, and we cannot reproduce the problem. Please try this feature again when v4 beta 2 is released (before Christmas).

Regarding SIP, isn't that you can specify TCP port 5060? Currently, our QoS only supports Skype and other "static" port applications.

Currently QoS port list is somewhat limited , we will try to extend that when v4 final is ready.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:48 am    
Post subject:

the passive login bug is still there.
It does the same, I opened a new therad for that.
danielillu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:18 am    
Post subject:

I've found more about these bug.

If
there's ONE user (name it User1) MAC-as-username+Passive login
and
There's a MAC at Exception List (named User2)

User1 doesn't get access anymore, until Exception list is cleaned and User1 deleted and created from scratch.

This can be a very powerful function, and I hope it will be

You are doing a great job, with this help forum and your constant work.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:39 am    
Post subject:

You actually mean putting the same MAC (user2) in client pass-through (instead of Exception Free list)?

( Note that we will fix the remaining Passive Login problem in v4 final release. See http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=959 )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: