SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

paypal transactions not crediting users time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:38 pm    
Post subject: paypal transactions not crediting users time

My paypal transactions have stopped crediting the users time to firstspot.
This had been workig OK for a few weeks.
Thanks
jason
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:50 am    
Post subject:

please check you ipn setting in your paypal account.
Also make sure that port 5790 is not blocked by firewall.

open paypal_txn.log under firstspot\log directory, is there anything logged there after the transaction?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:15 pm    
Post subject:

By the way, please identify yourself or consider registering an account here; before we can continue to offer advice.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:40 pm    
Post subject: Paypal transactions not crediting users time

I know that Jason has posted a reply on this matter, I believe back in June of 05, but now I'm having this problem and need to know a few things, if I may. Jason stated that the port 5790 must not be blocked on any firewall, I have done that, and have checked my settings as he stated. However I still have a problem. It still will not credit the customer's time. It goes through the complete proccess of charging the customer, but it will not give them any time. It also redirects them back to the Shopping Cart. Shouldn't the customer be redirected to the sign-in splash page? I have looked into the credit card module and did not notice the 5790 port posted anywhere. Do I have to post it where the "Transaction update module listening port" is? Right now it's port 5789. Or in the "Publicly accessible URL to receive transaction update from PayPal " - http://fixed_ip:5789 - /ppal_ipn.php . Both have port 5789. Is that normal? Please advice.

Thank You,
Gil
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:24 am    
Post subject:

Port 5789 is neccessary for PayPal.

By the default setting, you keep both Transaction update module listening port and Publicly accessible URL to receive transaction update from PayPal uisng port 5789 while opening that port in your firewall/ router for incoming traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:17 pm    
Post subject: Customer credit issues

internet>modem/router(2-wire)>computer WAN nic(internet)>Firstspot nic(users)>linksys (router/switch/wifi).

I have openned the ports 5780-5799 on all my firewalls.

On the Plans tab I have:

Account is disabled: NO

Account is active: When it is created.

I have programmed the plan hourly " When airtime credit is used up
Initial time assigned (mins):60"

In the Shopping Cart tab:

I have programmed the Shopping Cart to point to the houly plan.

In the Cerdit Card tab:

And have programmed the Cedit Card section with my email address.

However, when I sign up (after the username/password, shopping cart and PayPal procedure)

It redirects me to the shopping cart ( should this be?) and when I check the time left it shows me this.

Current air time left (in mins) for user testing32: 0

And when I check recent history it shows me this.

Recent transaction history of user testing32
Order Date 2006-Jan-23 04:13
Item Hourly Plan
Amount 1.99
Quantity 1

Payment Status Unknown Yet

Why does it show payment status "unknown yet" even after it charges the credit card and gets an approval?

Receipt ID: 3668-0902-3908-0177

Payment Details

Total Amount: $1.99 USD
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Transaction ID: 77B094902X943612X
Quantity: 1
Item/Product Name: Hourly Plan

Also when I check the Users tab I get the following:

The user is created, however no time is added.

Info for User "testing32"

Conditions to suspend this account:
When airtime credit is used up
Current time left (mins): 0

What am I doing wrong??
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:51 am    
Post subject:

Under the FirstSpot\Log directory, do you have a file called paypal_txn.log? Please send it to info@patronsoft.com.

If not, it means incoming update traffic from PayPal can't get in at all; you'll have to focus on the firewall / router settings. A less-likely chance is your ISP has blocked the incoming traffic?

By the way, it's normal the redirection goes back to the shopping cart after a successful payment. You can change it though, under Credit Card tab, the Success return path field.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:53 am    
Post subject:

Kevin-
You HIT THE JACKPOT on that one post - ISP Blocking Incomming Ports. My ISP *www.elltel.net* is notorious for this! says it keeps their traffic down or something like that. Charter.net is also known for this as is Roadrunner, and Earthlink (worked for all above in Tech Support) IS there any way around it?
Even with buying a static IP this occurs..the one way i've found ot over come it is to get a DS/T 1 connectionb ut that the cost of $400+ I kinda NEED to know if this will resolve it.

thanks
Ellensburg, WA USA
gsilverpony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:45 pm    
Post subject: The 5790 port issues and found a bypass, but need fix.

First and formost, I want to thank you all ( Patronsoft and Users of the product) , for all the info./help on this issue. That being said, here are some interesting things I found out.

- Second, I called my ISP( SBC) and was told that port 5790 was not being blocked. Niether, was port 5789 and for that matter none of the 65535 ports were blocked except for 3 and they would not say which ones.

- Third, I was able to make the payment work, but there is a catch. You have to first create the user, set the time and once the time runs out , the system recognizes the user, the user signs in once, the MAC address is bound to the user and next time the user wants to charge more time the, the system will credit them. I only tried with 60 mins.. So, I don't know if the user tries to credit again, they are limited to the 60 mins. or in other words, limited to the initial time created. Maybe the "Plans" needs to have a minimum time so the user can at least sigin in once. What do you think?

- Fourth, I have allowed port fowarding for a range of 5780-5795 in the DSL Modem/Router and my Linksys router. Did not work.

- Fifth, I have used different routers. Did not work.

- Sixh, I have tried MAC and IP authenication. Did not work.

Regards,
gsilverpony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:00 pm    
Post subject: Interesting web site.

They say port 5790 is sometimes used for a Trojan entry port for Ramtha 1.1. Maybe not just the firewall may block it, but the antivirus software also.

http://research.pestpatrol.com/knowledgebase/whitepapers/About_Ports_And_Trojans.aspe
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:48 pm    
Post subject:

Tim,

Is your ISP blocking well known ports like telnet, ftp and ssh as well? Otherwise, you can make sure of those ports...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:16 pm    
Post subject: telnet, ftp and ssh sessions.

No the ISP (SBC) only has blocked port 25. Will that cause the problem with the no time credit posting?
CyberElements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:10 am    
Post subject:

Kevin-

Yes they are blocking all inbound traffic 80, 21, had to have them make a MX entery to get my mail server to function. I'm glad that as soon as i get the License (still waiting after purchasing it yesterday) i'm going to a direct DS1 thru another company. Hoping to solve this issue.

Tim

ps can you check on my order? email addy for the order was eburgdad at elltel dot net. please. thanks
Ellensburg, WA USA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: