SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

http://www.holden.com.au

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beaver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:49 am    
Post subject: http://www.holden.com.au

Hi,

Why does this website http://www.holden.com.au still work when i have not logged in to FirstSpot?

I have nothing in my allowed free sites list.

Thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:24 am    
Post subject:

So other web sites work normally (i.e. with login page)? Note the google.com is in the default Exception Free Website list.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:01 am    
Post subject: quick question about Google.com

Is there a way to take that out? Even in 4.0 final?

Thanks.
Ellensburg, WA USA
Beaver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:28 am    
Post subject:

"So other web sites work normally (i.e. with login page)? Note the google.com is in the default Exception Free Website list."

I have removed the google.com from the Exception free list.

Access to google does not work without login this is to be expected and works fine.

I take it that the reason that the www.holden.com.au website still works is it is using the same type of code or something as the FirstSpot login page?

Strange becuase your system stops every other web site i go to without login and works as expected.

Anyway this is the only site i could get to without login so i am happy if this the only one.

Thanks for your help.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:00 am    
Post subject:

Tim, you can delete google.com from Exception Free Website list within Configuration Manager. To delete the link from the login page, you need to edit login_form.php directly.

Beaver, try to clear the browser cache. Are your client browser using proxy or socks? Also try to use other browser (like Firebox) to see whether it solves the problem. If you still have difficulties, please post your firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log file under FirstSpot\log subdirectory.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:39 am    
Post subject:

Beaver, try to clear the browser cache.

Tried that deleted all cookies and data then Ctrl/F5 shutdown IE then reopen and i can still get to the Holden site.

Are your client browser using proxy or socks?

No although the FirstSpot Gateway's External interface connects to a private 192.168.100.0/24 segment connected to a Microsoft ISA 2004 server.

Also try to use other browser (like Firebox) to see whether it solves the problem.

Will do

If you still have difficulties, please post your firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log file under FirstSpot\log subdirectory.

Get back to you with this data.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:01 am    
Post subject:

Although ISA 2004 in the Public Network Interface side shouldn't cause any problem, I still suggest you to reroute your FirstSpot's Internet access to bypass ISA in order to isolate the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: