SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Website forwarding with anonymous access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlamming

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:35 pm    
Post subject: Website forwarding with anonymous access

Hello,

I'm evaluating your program and it looks like it will work with what I need, however, I cant get it to do something that it says it can do in the customization section of the guide.

What i have it set up for now is anonymous access. We will be setting this up in a hotel lobby so that anyone can have access to it. However, I'd like the terms of use to be on the initial page so they have to read that and click OK to agree. Is the best way to do this just edit the login php file with those terms of service?

Here is where the problem for me starts. After they click okay, it executes the redirect.php file which takes them to whatever url they have entered in once on the internet. I want the ok button to take them to the hotel website, and from there allow them to go wherever they want. I edit the alogin file and changed the ok_url to point to the website instead of the redirect.php, but it still uses it, even after restarting the service. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Travis
tlamming

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:49 pm    
Post subject:

Okay. I looked at the code a bit more and from what I gathar, redirecting only works with redirect.php in the trial version? You can change it in the full version?
tlamming

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:29 pm    
Post subject:

anyone? This is critical for me to use the software. Is there a number I could call?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:43 am    
Post subject:

The trial and paid version should be the same in this aspect.

Refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/editions.html for a comparison among different editions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:20 pm    
Post subject:

Okay, then what do you think is going wrong?

I've changed the line in ok_url to www.website.com and it still uses the redirect.php instead of the website that I have entered. Since it is anonymous access, im editing the alogin.php file with the above. This is the only problem keeping me from buying the product.

Also, ive sent an email about becoming a reseller but have recieved no responce. How will I contact your company if I am a reseller besides email? I need quicker responce for my clients should problems arise.

Regards

Travis
tlamming

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:54 pm    
Post subject:

I found this code in the fs_login.php file

[code]// authenticated
if($objrsult=='TR_MODE') {
// In firstspot trial version, users will be automatically redirected to the page "Redirect.php"
// during the following object call, while no redirection will happen for release version.
header("Location: trialmode.dll?login=$username&patronsoft1=$sess_patronsoft1&patronsoft2=$sess_patronsoft2");
exit;
} else if($objrsult=='SUCCESS' || $objrsult=='INSERT_TABLE') {
if(!session_id())
session_start();

if (isset($_SESSION['session_username']))
$_SESSION['session_username']='';

// The following code has no effect in trial version, but will cause a redirection to the
// page 'Redirect.php' in release version.
header("Location: $ok_url");
exit;
} else if($objrsult=='ALREADY_SERVING') {
// current user and machine has already logged in and internet connection has been made ready,
// no need to submit login information again
header("Location: $ok_url");
exit;
[/code]

Can you explain to me the remark statements saying that it goes to the redirect.php file? This would seem to me as the reason why my changes to the alogin_form.php does not seem to have any affect.
tlamming

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:41 am    
Post subject:

Can anyone help, id like to buy this software but need to know if this one last thing will work
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:42 am    
Post subject:

In order to do static web forwarding, you need to change the code of redirectscript.php ONLY.

Modify the function countDown as below:

function countDown()
{
location="<?=$sess_desturl ?>";
}

to

function countDown()
{
location=" http://www.patronsoft.com/";
}

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:50 am    
Post subject:

Thanks alan!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: