SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

The dependency service or group failed to start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:59 pm    
Post subject: The dependency service or group failed to start.

Hi I'm installing on a computer with a fresh install of Windows XP Professional SP1.

I've gone with the default settings and get this error "The dependency service or group failed to start." when I try to do 'net start "patronsoft firstspot dispatcher"'

I've checked the forums, uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off offloading in the registry as one of my network cards is 3com, and still no luck.

My System Event has two errors.
first error: "The PatronSoft FirstSpot Dispatcher service depends on the Computer Browser service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."
second error: "The Computer Browser service depends on the following nonexistent service: LanmanServer"
kenneth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:00 pm    
Post subject:

I logged in, but I must have waited too long before posting. The message posted as anonymous.
kenneth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:53 pm    
Post subject:

found some answers. The lanmanserver looks like it may be linked to my removing netbios entirely.

I'll play with it a little tonight and post again.

If you have any insight, please let me know.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:35 am    
Post subject:

Well, FirstSpot should start without any problems with the default Windows setup. It looks like lanmanserver is a necessary Windows Service for Windows network to function correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: