SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Multiple instances of FirstSpot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cchamb2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:44 pm    
Post subject: Multiple instances of FirstSpot

I've got a question.

The setup I'm evolving would be one in which logon goees as follows:

a) New user - creates account under SSL security, gains a WEP/WPA key upon completion, and logs in as existing user after providing this key to the client computer's wireless card.

b) Existing user logs in under SSL, gains WEP/WPA key of the day, provides this key, and logs in.

I think I have the web page design understood; my question would be whether it is possible for three instances of FirstSpot (one with no protection, one for WEP protection, and one for WPA protection) to run on one computer .
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:15 am    
Post subject:

Well, you only need 1 FirstSpot. Note that WEP/WPA are level 2 protection. From FirstSpot point of view, as long as the incoming traffic is IP (level 3), everything will be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:05 am    
Post subject:

True enough.

But WEP/WPA is embedded in the access point, so I'd need a total of threee - one for traffic encrypted SSL only, one encrypted WEP for cleints that are only capable of WEP security, and one for clients that are WPA capable.

Or would there be no licensing restriction on running the same copy on three machine...?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:47 am    
Post subject:

What I mean is that you connect 1 FirstSpot to all 3 APs. Refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/topologies.html for details.

Note that 1 FirstSpot license gives you the right to install 1 copy of FirstSpot in 1 machine only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: