SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

PublicAdapterIP from "config.ini".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigyoung

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:27 am    
Post subject: PublicAdapterIP from "config.ini".

Firstspot fails to start with error:Tue Apr 18 12:24:51 2006 probePublicIP() : Cannot get PublicAdapterIP from "config.ini".

Does anyone know why?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:46 am    
Post subject:

Is this the first time you start FirstSpot? Have you changed Network Connections name or add network card after you install?

You might want to reinstall FirstSpot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:24 pm    
Post subject: Page cannot be displayed

I have uninstalled patronsoft and reinstalled it. I can now start the services. Clients receive ip addresses via dhcp on the public interface wireless access point.

The clients can ping and extranl ip range and website names however they receive an error message: page cannot be displayed when trying to access any website from internet explorer. I have also tried to access patronsoft using internet explorer http://public_ip address but receive the same error.

Any reasons why?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:03 am    
Post subject:

I am a bit confused. The client PC should receive IP from FirstSpot DHCP server and you need to make sure the AP's DHCP server is turned off. Also, the AP should connect to FirstSpot Private Network Interface instead of Public Network Interface.

You might want to check out http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/topologies.html for a typical FirstSpot network setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: