SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Public network interface card is not enabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason_krattli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:34 pm    
Post subject: Public network interface card is not enabled

I keep getting the error "Public network interface card is not enabled" when attempting to start firstspot for the first time. I installed it on an old system for test a few months back now we are ready to test prior to purchase @ the hot spot location here is a list of hardware and config. settings I have tried.

Hardware
Private Network Adapter Intel Pro /1000 CT NIC
Public Network Adapter Intel Pro /1000 MT NIC
these are both onboard a 1U Supermicro Server, with offloading disabled in the advance setting for both NIC's I also tried the setting offloading manually in the registry (witch REG_DWORD is currently removed)

I have also verified that the public NIC does is not useing the firsthop driver I have also disabled Microsoft Networks and File and printer sharing for the public NIC

I have also gone disabled the reneable NIC reboot also the repair procedure in XP

This is on a fresh install of XP Pro
Other than that the only things I have done differently is during setup I changed the setting to start first spot automatic.
jason_krattli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:10 pm    
Post subject:

forgot to add the Network cartd is enabled it is currently set to DHCP the IP direct to the cable modem I am going to be reconfiguring this to route through a NAT router
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:35 am    
Post subject:

Can you start FirstSpot manually?

If it still fails, you might want to reinstall FirstSpot. Maybe something has changed within Windows networking which confuses FirstSpot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:15 am    
Post subject:

I Tried Manually Could not be loaded did not report an error

I will try unistall/reinstall and then format the OS and try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: