SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

FS v3 questions...what am I doing wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaisersouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:53 pm    
Post subject: FS v3 questions...what am I doing wrong?

Our setup consists Cisco 2621 T1 router, RWV-3440 AP radio, Dlink switch.

The RWV is handing out IPs in the 192.168.100.x range to people browsing for wireless networks. Currently, the DSU/CSU connects to the Cisco router, then out to the DLink switch, with the RWV connected to the same switch. As it stands everything is a free for all...which is why we need to get firstspot connected.

The local people who setup the firstspot server told us that the RADIO is the private network (the private NIC has the firsthop driver active), and the T1 is coming over the public nic...is this correct?

Do I need to add the 192.168.100.x network segment to the hostspot configuration?

What would be the ideal setup for us here? I THOUGHT the public nic would = the radio, then upon authentication is passes thru to the private T1..but im thinking this is wrong?

What should be on the private nic, what should be on the public? How can firstspot be used even if the RWV is handing out IP addresses. Can DHCP be turned off in firstspot and still allow it to function as an authentication gateway?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: