SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Cannot Disconnect Users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadoza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:36 am    
Post subject: Cannot Disconnect Users

Alan,

We have switched over to 4.0.9 and it is working very well for us. The only problem I have encountered so far, is we cannot disconnect users. The page just keeps going and it locks up. I have to close the GUI and open a new one in order to go anywhere from there
Any Ideas?
Shadoza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:54 am    
Post subject:

It is also not "auto-disconnecting" when the set time expires. Could this be an issue because we are not using FirstSpot's bundled DHCP?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:56 am    
Post subject:

Well, we are not too sure.

1) Are you using passive login user, or normal username/password?
2) What browser are you using?
3) Have you changed the datasource?
4) please post your log file firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log at FirstSpot directory for further analysis.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:10 am    
Post subject:

It is a 3.5MB txt file, is there a way i can attach it to the forum, or would you like me to post the whole thing?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:12 am    
Post subject:

Please compress it (zip or rar) and email to firstspot@patronsoft.com.

Also, any feedback to the above questions?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:15 am    
Post subject:

We are using IE6.0.3790.0

Still same database. We havent figured out how to switch them yet.

Yes Username and Password. Not passive Log-in

more...

After I stopped FirstSpot, the users still showed as logged in, even though the bandwidth stopped.

I had to restart the server in order to edit the accounts
philip
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:20 am    
Post subject:

Hi Shadoza,

According to your log, I suspected that your database is corrupted.

You may create a new one on your own or if possible re-install firstspot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:14 pm    
Post subject:

We installed FirstSpot 4.0.9 late Thursday Night. The Database was corrupted on Sunday Morning. We reinstalled firstspot Sunday afternoon because of this. Now you are saying it is corrupted again? After reading the manual (and I know nothing about databases) I have no clue on how to use a different database for this service, or even how to import the old database into a new different database. Any help with that?

It would be great if you guys could remote into our server and do this, we did pay for the extended maintenence which I think this would fall into... Let me know please either through this, or my email.

Thanks
philip
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:25 am    
Post subject:

Yes, we can remote into your server and help.
Please send your login information to our email (firstspot@patronsoft.com).

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:57 am    
Post subject:

Thank you very much for all of you help last night. But when I came in today, I was not able to disconnect users anymore...

Any ideas?
Shadoza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:05 pm    
Post subject: Thank you very much

To the FirstSpot Team, I thank you. You spent a lot of time working on our problems, which turned out to be user caused (us, not customers). One quick question about the database repair you made. What did you do when you "rebuilt" the database? Did you export and import them in, or did you have to do some work to them while they were exported? The reason I ask is because we are having that problem again. We have all the backing up turned off of automatic, so that way we stop firstspot in order to do our backups, but we left our antivirus on and it scans all files at 8 am. Which would explain why everything works great up until about 5 am when I stopped monitoring the server, then when I return to work at 10am, we encounter the same problem again.

Would I be able to do what you guys did? If we were to hire someone would he be able to know how your software database works in order to fix it?

Thank YOU PatronSoft, I am very pleased with the customer support I have recieved. Keep up the good work!!!
Shadoza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:07 pm    
Post subject:

Wait, after I read the earlier post in this thread, I can export all of the data files, and reinstall firstspot, then import those datafiles, and it will be fixed?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:32 am    
Post subject:

We rebuild the database table fsusr using the following steps:
1) Export user table fsusr within Configuration Manager.
2) Copy a blank, uncorrupted database by copy over files fsusr.dbf, fsusr.inf and fsusr.mdx from the original setup zip file.
3) Import user table fsusr within Configuration Manager.

We suspect some actions you perform corrupt the database index constantly. In general, please make sure:
1) you never copy/backup the database files when FirstSpot is started. You can end up having an inconsistent database
2) you never open the database directly (e.g. using Access) when FirstSpot is started. This might lock the files and break FirstSpot database access
3) for user table, you need to copy all 3 files (fsusr.dbf, fsusr.inf and fsusr.mdx) together
4) again, note that comment I made to you earlier at http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1386

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:07 pm    
Post subject:

Yes, we are causing the problems. I am suspicious that our antivirus which scans all files at 8 am is corrupting the database. It seems like the likely answer since when i leave at 4 am it is working fine and return at 10 am it is not working.

Thanks, I will do that late tonight with the antivirus disabled and see if the problem does not return tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: