SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Apache problem FS 4.12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpoynton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:10 am    
Post subject: Apache problem FS 4.12

We have been running FS 4.09 seemlessly for 5 months (it has been really stable, after initial teathing problems) except for some send mail & outgoing smtp issues we were hoping to fix up with upgrade to the latest version 4.0.12. Since installing 3 days ago the apache service has crashed everyday at least once and remained down & will not restart.
1. we have followed all firstspot readme.txt recommendations (disabled services, offload etc, hardware has not changed from 4.09)
2. dispatcher and apache services are set up to start automatically & "restart the service" on hang of either.
3. two clean installs of FS 4.12 with two restarts in between each and manual remove of apache on one after FS uninstall.
The message is "Faulting application Apache.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module php4ts.dll, version 4.4.0.0, fault address 0x000ba8a8." as well as a stack of windows apache.exe messages and event manager warnings.
apache logs have been emailed to you separately.

1. Your promptest attention to a work around to get apache stable again with FS 4.12 would be really appreciated
2. is there any guidance you can give as to the syntax of using the IspSmtpDomain within config.ini file to solve our client outgoing mail problem.
Say we were to use an external mail server (sbs2003 with exchange on a different machine) to the FS server ie. netserver1.mcpc.com.au would the syntax be IspSmtpDomain=netserver1.mcpc.com.au

Appreciate your attention and prompt response
Greg
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:07 am    
Post subject:

In general, try to narrow-down your problem by reducing the complexity first. Please try:

1) manually start FirstSpot. Does it work okay?
2) make sure you uninstall FirstSpot using FirstSpot setup. Do NOT run Apache/PHP setup directly.
3) you might want to manually make sure PHP/Apache is removed before reinstalling FirstSpot. You need to check:
i) Windows service (you can use sc.exe to remove service)
ii) any reference to Apache in Windows Registry
iii) FirstSpot directory (which may contain some Apache files)

As for the SMTP question, you need to turn on SMTP roaming within Configuration Manager, and then put IspSmtpDomain=netserver1.mcpc.com.au in your config.ini. Restart FirstSpot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:47 am    
Post subject: Re: Apache & outgoing mail

Hi Alan, thanks for your advice. Apache is now stable again however i am continuing to have outgoing mail problems. There has never been any problems receiving mail. I followed your advice; enabling smtp roaming & IspSmtpDomain=netserver1.mcpc.com.au. On netserver1 (a separate sbs server running exchange; i enabled mail relay from the firstspot server private address). The FSSMService seems to work tempoarily on restart then crash. If i refer to the mail log; it is always at a past date & time.
Here are the logs, i'd be greatful for your advice as to how this service can be made stable as we really need the functionality
1. If i look in services.msc; FSSMService is listed as 'started'
2. However the firstspot_mail_2006.11.09_16.27.25.log file has not been written to since 7pm yesterday when i last restarted the server. It sent some old queued emails briefly from the day before, then seemed to stop again.
3. There are new email messages in the Mail folder of the FS server up till 10am this morning. However none have been sent according to the log.
Could you clarify and help me find a solution
Thanks again for your assistance
Greg
LinuxGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:45 pm    
Post subject: apache crashing and mail errors

with reference to gpoynton and 4.0.12

Faulting application Apache.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module php4ts.dll, version 4.4.0.0, fault address 0x000ba8a8

i currently have the same 2 issues.

How many times did you reinstall firstspot b4 it became stable.

we have currently just purchased the liscence. and only have about 5 users on at this current time.

This error repeatedly occurs every 12 hours or so.

at the current moment in time a server reboot fixses the problem.
but there will be times i am not in the office to do this.

im a bit concerend that every time i get this error i will have to re install firstspot.

it is currenlty using a mysql db with the correct odbc drivers.

we also have the mail issue as well. our customers are using a multitude of mail service providers. and sometimes mail is not been sent even tho the client tells u it is.

have you had any more issues. and if not how did you fix this problem.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:05 am    
Post subject:

LinuxGuru, have you tried the new IspSmtpDomain parameter?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: