SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Need to identify IP address in fsusrlog.mdb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:37 pm    
Post subject: Need to identify IP address in fsusrlog.mdb

I need to see the source IP address that connects to the firstspot.
We have setup anonymous login and the fsusrlog.mdb shows us the connect and disconnect time of the users.
The column IPORMAC shows a number like 3245923338.
How can we translate that to the source IP or can the source IP be found in another log file?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:54 am    
Post subject:

The easiest way to view the source IP or MAC is to go to Users category within Configuration Manager, then click "Show User Log".

Note whether you will see IP or MAC is depended on your Session Handling setting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:40 am    
Post subject:

Stating how is the IP or MAC get coded with in the database will help us identifying PC's in the network. I have 3 fs installations and I'm using a customize Access program to add and recharge pre-paid tickets.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:23 am    
Post subject:

For IP, use PHP function long2ip.

For MAC, please refer to our function make_mac_name (found in common_functions.php)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:56 am    
Post subject:

Has there been any new developments on this issue? One of the reasons we converted to MySQL was to use the Query Browser to connect remotely and retrieve specific data such as a particular user's usage. Using the Export function requires a file transfer to get the data to the local system - but it also exports the entire log. We also plan to create reports that would be sent out an a scheduled basis. Our scripting has been Pearl based so knowing how to interpret the database would be very helpful. Quite frankly, I do not understand why the data is not stored in the log properly to begin with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: