SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Infobox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:35 pm    
Post subject: Infobox

Hi, I've been doing some testing with the software and i was wondering if anyone knew a way to make the infobox remain open even if the users try to close it. I dont know if this can be done by adding a couple of lines of code into the *.php file but i have seen that working on other pages and for me it would be more than a nice feature, it would actually solve a couple of issues i have been dealing with. Also if anyone knows how to block the users from modifying the size of the infobox window, that would be of help too.
Thanks in advance.

PS: Please forgive me if these are basic html/php programming questions but I don't know much about it.
hans
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:00 am    
Post subject:

Resize is doable by editing info.js: change window.open(.......resizable=yes...) to window.open(......resizable=no.....)
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:54 am    
Post subject:

For infobox to remain open:

Edit info.js:
add // to line 41

change line 43 to if(0)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:58 pm    

Thanks for the reply hans. I tried modifying those lines but they had no effect on the infobox. I even tried renaming the info.js to see what happens if the info.php doesn't find it, because nothing I changed in the java script made any difference anyways, and the infobox kept working without a problem. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:11 am    
Post subject:

Which one are you still having problem? Resize or InfoBox to remain open?

Please make sure you are using the latest v4.0.12. The line number is based on this.

You might need to have something with PHP/HTML programming skill to help you out a bit. The customization steps shouldn't be too difficult, but it is easy to make mistake unless you understand the syntax.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:31 pm    
Post subject: Same Problem

I am having the same problem!!! I edited popupName, "toolbar=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,top=" and I still can resize the window. Is there anything else that I need to change.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:46 am    
Post subject:

Sorry, our mistake.

For disabling resize in InfoBox to work, apart from modifying info.js [ from window.open(.......resizable=yes...) --> window.open (......resizable=no.....) ], you need to apply the same change to fs_login.php, fs_ReqSignUpI.php and unload.php.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:23 pm    

Ok, thanks for the update!!! After changing those files the user can't rezise the infobox anymore. However my other problem about the infobox remaining open, still doesn't work. Are there any other files I should be changing for that also?

Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:50 am    
Post subject:

Nando, we double-check the customization for InfoBox to remain open. It should work. The expected behavior is that when you click the close button in the InfoBox, it will re-open itself.

One thing is that you need to make sure your anti-popup in your IE is disabled, otherwise it won't work (Note that InfoBox will display correctly the first time even though anti-popup is enabled, it is just the re-open customization won't work if anti-popup is enabled).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: