SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Unlimited Logins Allowed - Losing Money
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLUEGRAVITY82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:52 pm    
Post subject: FIX THIS ISSUE

I have used the trial version, up to now! I have found the same problem with this software. The software seems good but it has this huge hole on it... Please Fix this problem, I want to buy the software but, this hole has to be fixed, I post the same problem a few weeks ago...
smyers1972

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:29 am    
Post subject: Paying Customer here

I too am a paying customer, purchased it for our hotel and conventions, I need to have this addressed also.

Where are we with this guys?
dmeldrum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:52 pm    
Post subject: Status

I posted the original post a few months ago and have waited patiently for you to look at this issue.

I have lost alot of money in the interim and continue to do so. Over Thanksgiving two people logged into two public access PCs we have installed at a resort, which we setup to allow one-hour purchases only. However, two individuals who had created 3-day accounts using their laptops logged into the PCs (I'm assuming to use the printer attached) and for a period of 14 hours our two PCs were in "free" mode until I logged in on Friday and discovered why we had no one-hour sales on Thanksgiving. I don't even check anymore for individuals who are "sharing" the account with all their friends. It is too frustrating to know and not be able to do anything about it.

Obviously, other people who have purchased your software are having the same issue. Could you please let me know if you are going to look at this?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:56 pm    
Post subject:

Look guys...

I 100% agree with what is being said here. If you can code in a check and balance for mac addresses and the license key to protect your pocket book then you surely could do the same thing to protect your customers.

Please do not let this stay silent, I have 716 rooms in my hotel that I want to build on this platform and can not do so until this is addressed which means a loss of another sale to you guys and means you guys take it in the pocket book too until its fixed. This is not an enhancement, this is a requirement.

Thank you
yatihtih

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:07 pm    
Post subject: Using MACs

First , I downloaded the trial version in decision to buy it later, then I read what is on this forum , I decided not to buy unless these BUGS are fixed.
The most thing which admires me is VOIP usage like (blocking damn Skype).
I used many equipment from Netsys or Handlink to Dlink, I even purchased the netsys NSG 400 und upgraded it to be a handlink gateway with 1024 clint users , it didnt work as I needed. Then I Purchased Dling DS 300 , it is working wonderful as it associates certain MAC to certain IP in addition to the username and passward in the same time but it didnt block the skybe whichs effect the performance of my network .
Finally, I want to emphases that using MAC alone in relation to username , it will not be safe as any user simply can search all MACs on the intire network then easily change his own MAC (withen windows : properties of LAN card configuration) to one of other network users and share his link.

Searching a secure network is our aim , I hope PatronSoft can acieve it soon , Then I will the first who be proud of using its products.
Waiting PatronSoft upgrades,,,
Thanks...

Yatihtih

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:42 pm    
Post subject: Buying this software...

Me too i'am considering about buying this software. I've tried it for over 2 weeks now it looks great and works fine, except maybe for this little problem. It would be great to be able to bind an account to a mac adress or allow a number of change...
I read somewhere that a new version should be there soon, will this feature be included ? is it worth waiting the new release to have this issue revolved ?

hoping a staff response, thank you in advance
Ringo_001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:15 pm    
Post subject: Binding MAC to user account

I´m also thinking about buying Firstspot. Because this software has some really interresting features but the possiblity to logon multiple-times with the same account is in my opinion a quite useless feature. Or even a bug.

Are there any plans from Patronsoft to implement the possibility to bind the account to the mac address of the machine from which the first login came?

thank you
SteveOllis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:39 am    
Post subject:

OK.. i've just bought 2 Firstspot licenses, and can someone explain this hole to me please?

Steve
antonio_rm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:01 pm    
Post subject: Are there chances to solve this bug ?

Hi,

I have bought a FirstSpot license for a customer and now I have many concerns about this security hole.

I use First Spot as a security system to allow guests to surf the web.

I hope Patronsoft will give us more information about when a patch will be available !

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: