SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Windows Crash during the driver installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poska

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:47 am    
Post subject: Windows Crash during the driver installation

Hello :)
Sorry for my poor english , I'm a young French student.
I have downloaded FirstSpot Trial V4 in order to realize some tests during my internship. I have Windows Server 2003 R2 and my 2 network cards are RealTek RTL8169/8110 Family and a 3Com (3C905TX).

I have read the ReadMe file, and all seems to be correct before installing(pre-requirement). When I install FirstSpot, during the phase of installation of the drivers, Windows crashs (blue screen) . The driver #2 seems to be correctly installed but not the #3 (and #4 ?). I have not installed the NetBEUI protocol, (Offload CheckSum and TCP_Large_Send are disabled) and i have renamed the file Firstop.sys in the Windows\System32\Drivers directory after crashing. But i can't install correctly theses drivers :(

Thanks to help me. I really would like to install correctly FirstSpot.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:30 am    
Post subject:

Couple of things you can try:

1) Make sure you uninstall Windows network drivers such as QoS Packet Scheduler and Network Load Balancing. These drivers will conflict will our FirstHop driver in 2003. Only Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is needed.

2) Make sure no personal firewall is installed. Also, turn off "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)".

3) Try to pick another brand of network card as Private Network Interface.

4) If the above suggestions do not work, you might want to reinstall FirstSpot in a clean Windows environment (i.e. just Windows OS with SP, no other software nor Windows updates).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:59 am    
Post subject:

Thanks to help me.

In fact i have just remove the RealTek RTL8169/8110 Family network card to a 3 Com. After this step, the installation works fine and FirstSpot too :). So in a conclusion, we can say that this network card is not compatible with FirstSpot.

I have another question : Is the French language is available for the trial version please or for another edition ?

Best Regards.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:22 am    
Post subject:

We will investigate the RealTek RTL8169/8110 compatibility issue.

We don't have an official French version, but it is quite easy to translate it yourself. Please check out http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=827 for more information.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:18 pm    
Post subject:

Oki thanks, FS is a very easy program :).

I have got another question:

I'm in the scenario 3. I would like to know if it's possible to modify the login-form.php, modify the login_php file or create another php file in order to substitute itself to the identifaction according to it's network segment..
I have seen that we can redirect the page according to a segment :) But all the users may have to be registered before to be redirected.

192.168 may have to be registrered.
10.20.XXX .... are free to surf or are directly connected without login to the home page of the extranet.

Regards.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:25 am    
Post subject:

We test some basic FirstSpot operations using RealTek RTL8169/8110 as Private Network Interface (using XP SP2) and we do not encounter any compatibility problem. Maybe your problem is related Windows driver conflict (point 1 above). [ One thing to note is that we use the latest version 649 driver from http://www.realtek.com.tw ]

Regarding your customization, please check out "Redirect PHP file" feature (p18 of firstspot_guide.pdf)

Last edited by alan on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poska

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:20 am    
Post subject:

For the RealTek card, i will test it on a new configuraration in a few days :) I will inform you to the issue of the new test :).

For the redirection, i have got a blank page instead of the redirection.
I have created a new php file with a redirection to a specific URL which works fine directly on the server but my client, which no need to login, doesn't see my redirection. Is a limit of the Trial Version or the problem comes from my configuration?

192.168 -> Normal authentification
10.20. -> No authenfication and redirection to a specific URL (not specified yet)

I'm writting the ratio of my test and i will attribute a very good appreciation to this product !! The easiest to use on the market !!
Poska

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:26 am    
Post subject:

the code the redirection2.php file of my network segment 10.20

<?php
header("Location: http://www.example.com\r\n\r\n");
?>

The client can't access to the url directly. I hope it's a limit of the trial version :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: