SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Cisco 4400 Wireless Lan Controllers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loscrir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:56 pm    
Post subject: Cisco 4400 Wireless Lan Controllers

We are currently running the eval version but would desperately like to purchase the full product, however we are running into the following problem and would like to resolve before commiting to a purchase.

I am able to resolve but not ping outside web addresses such as apple.com from my client pc. I am also not getting a Firstspot login page.

I noticed my client IPCONFIG has the Default Gateway of my Cisco Wireless Lan Controller which is 192.168.223.10 but DHCP is not enabled on this device. My FirstSpot server has IP 192.168.223.2

If I were to hard code the IP information FirstSpot DHCP provided and replace my Default Gateway with that of FirstSpot 192.168.223.2 I am able to ping outside web sites and get redirected to the login page.

My question is why am I getting the Cisco 4400 controllers IP as my gateway address? Shouldn't FirsSpot provide the correct Gateway when issuing the address from it's DHCP pool?

The following is the IPCONFIG from my client pc:

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : firstspot.org
Description . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI Card

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-CE-68-B5-68
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.223.44
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.223.10
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 1.1.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.223.2
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:31:59
PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, January 05, 2007 6:31:59 PM
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:12 am    
Post subject:

You might want to double-check your Cisco Wireless Lan Controller DHCP server is turned off by using Ethereal. The other thing you need to make sure is that your Cisco Controller is acting as a bridge instead of a router (i.e. no router between FirstSpot and client PC)

Did you change anything in the FirstSpot DHCP server setting? Are you using ProxyARP? Some complex combination of settings might create issues, so I suggest you stick with simple default setting at least for the test case.

If you still have difficulties, please post the following files under dhcp directory:

- CheckExpiration.txt
- dhcpservice.ini
- FreeIPList.txt
- trace.txt

Or you can just try to temporary remove the Cisco Controller from the network and retest again.

(I remove your posting in another thread since I think your problem is different.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:55 pm    
Post subject: Is there an update?

Is there a positive update for this? I think I am having a similar problem with my implementation. Was the person able to get this working and if so what did they have to do?

Thanks
YS

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:46 pm    
Post subject:

Hello all,

I'm using FirstSpot on a Cisco Wireless network, with 3750s integrated controllers, which are pretty close to a 4400.

Here's what I did to get it working:

- Disable FirstSpot DHCP
- Define a scope on the Cisco Controller for my private network
- Setup a WLAN with DHCP override pointing to the management interface of the controller

This solution works with two controllers on the same VLAN, and get redirected to the login page without issues.

Seems to me like either the controller simply drops DHCP requests, or does something nasty to them, as I could see the REQ packets with Ethereal, see the OFFER go back, but never saw an ACK.

Hope this helps

Yanis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: