SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

How to connect IAS and Firstspot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:04 pm    
Post subject: How to connect IAS and Firstspot?

Can somebody tell me the step by step how to connect IAS and firstspot without dll? I try the step in chapter 9 firstspot guide and my server still can't do the authentication correctly...
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:32 am    
Post subject:

You might want to check out http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1157 . Do you have a similar case?

Starting from v4.0.9, you should be able to use IAS without DLL for login/logout only (i.e. the above issue should be fixed), as we assign a default value to RADIUS attribute FS_AUTH_ACL.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:04 am    
Post subject:

Yes, i have the same problem with rhicks, and same with him, I did a clean install of Windows 2003 Server and FirstSpot 4.0.1 twice but firstspot still can't connect with Microsoft IAS. Can you give me a suggestion?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:29 am    
Post subject:

You need to use v4.0.9 or newer. See http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=945 for details.

Note that even with v4.0.9 or newer, only login/logout (no other attributes like timeleft) will be supported if you don't implement DLL for IAS. In other words, only Authentication but no Authorization. This is due to the design of IAS and the fact that RADIUS is more a protocol for Authentication and Accounting (the first and third A in AAA) but not Authorization (the second A).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: