SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Update database under program control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRACSYSTEMS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:31 pm    
Post subject: Update database under program control

is there a way to update the database or set a timer to update the database so that our application can monitor the database and be able to add or subtract minutes and other setting in real-time under program control - it appears that the fusr table only gets updated when the user signs on or off
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:12 am    
Post subject:

At least if you ADD (increase) access minutes (i.e. timeleft field within table fsusr), you can update the database and user does not need to go through logout/login steps to get the attribute updated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:11 am    
Post subject:

A few more questions...

1)
Can Firspot be set to run on IIS instead of Apache? I did a search for IIS and it din't pull anything up in the manual, but I did notice what appeared to be some sort of IIS tool in the installation directory.

2)
What impact for firewalls (software/antivirus, windows firewall, etc.) and pop-up blockers have on FirstSpot?

3)
Is there any procedure call or update or any way of triggering the client pc to update? I saw in one of the other threads the issue with a memory leak in IE, but need to know if there is any way of doing this so as to say kick everyone off 10 minutes before we close (by adjusting the airtime the user has left).

4)
Is there a tool for reconfiguring or "theme-ing" the firstspot gateway page and pages?

5)
Is there any way to have the FirstSpot PCs on the private network see and talk to the PCs on my private network without NAT'ing? Is there any way to put them on the same subnet? Would a server OS enable me to do this somehow? I basically am in need of internetwork communication without NAT'ing (another piece of software required for my setup is not compatible with NAT).

6)
Is there a way to configure a max concurrent users? (Sort of excluding/including all but a limited range of ip's.)

Thanks again for the help...
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:07 am    
Post subject:

1) No. FirstSpot only supports Apache

2) For FirstSpot machine, please refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1084 . For the client PC, just make sure the firewall won't block Session Cookies. As far as we know, most of the client configuration will be just fine.

3) Not too sure about your question. Note that when FirstSpot is shutdown, it will logout all users gracefully.

4) You can change some text and picture within the UI Customization tab of Configuration Manager. For deeper customization, please check out chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for details.

5) While I am not totally sure about your question, note that you can just turn off the FirstSpot NAT.

6) We don't have a parameter to limit the maximum number of concurrent users. As a workaround, you can use "Excluded IP" in our DHCP setting to make the number of available IPs smaller. That way, after a certain limit, the client PC won't be able to obtain an IP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: