SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

a simple yet complicated problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deftpunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:14 am    
Post subject: a simple yet complicated problem

Hey friendly people of Firstspot forums, I got a simple question that u guys may only take 5 seconds to figure out. The problem I am having is that after configuring the access point, installing the Firstspot software and and setting up the client, I am able to surf net but unable to access the UID page. This is very strange, because I am given the rights to access the internet without going through authorization and any form of authentication. I tried reaching the login page by the 20.10.7.1:5788 but to no avail. Please help me out here, its much appreciated and thanks in advance.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:21 am    
Post subject:

Maybe there is another path to access the Internet for your client PC rather than going through FirstSpot. Make sure your network setup is like this:

Client PC -> AP (WAN port not used) -> FirstSpot -> Internet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:29 pm    
Post subject:

Unless you changed it, the default IP is 10.20.7.1, not 20.10.7.1. Obviously, if you are connecting to the net, there is another problem but thought that might help.

Also you might try going under categories and allowing configuration manager access from Wi-Fi Hotspot and/or public. Then try to access the config mgr (port 5787 default if I recall correctly).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: