SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Trying to pinpoint my issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inglis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:24 pm    
Post subject: Trying to pinpoint my issue.

Our network looks like this:

Clients -> Switch - > DHCP/Firstspot Machine -> Cache Server -> Load Balancing -> Satellite Modem

Our network has been running for months without problem. Three days ago, it went down. We have been replacing parts and playing with configs since then to no avail. We even formatted the computer running Firstspot. We have received a new license.key file since we have replaced the NICs, which works when we're not connected to the cache server but works when we cut the cache server out of the network.

In the past, we have left the WAN card of the Firstspot to machine to get IP automatically, but now I must assign an IP on it to avoid getting an autonet (169.254.*.*) address. When I assign a static address to that card, I can get internet on the Firstspot machine. When I don't, I don't get internet. Either solution does not give internet to the clients of our system.

Please advise, it's been three days now and I'm running out of ideas.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:06 am    
Post subject:

Since FirstSpot Public side (WAN) cannot obtain an IP, something wrong with the DHCP server there. You have to fix that.

Also, FirstSpot can only work with a normal router instead of proxy. So your cache server must work as a "transparent proxy".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: