SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Question about having an external program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hongchuanz87

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:03 am    
Post subject: Question about having an external program

Hi all, is there a possiblity of running a program along with Firstspot to control certain elements? My plan here is to experiment a new method of payment rather than the traditional modes of paypal and credit cards...

I am trying to design a program to generate a unique password and overwrite the original for every new self sign-up user and store it in fsusr.dbf. Upon physical payment, the password will be sent to the user's mail. Then, typing the assigned password, the user would be then able to sign in and use the allocated air time.

Just my idea, do you all think this feasible? Thanks in advanced!
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:20 am    
Post subject:

Yes, it is possible. In fact, FirstSpot is designed so that you can update the fsusr table by yourself. Keep in mind that you need to encrypt the password using encrypt_pwd.exe first before putting it in the fsusr table.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:52 am    
Post subject:

Hey Alan, I noticed that encrypt_pwd.exe closes as it is being esecuted. How am I supposed to use it? Thanks.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:20 am    
Post subject:

It is a command line tool, that why it will close immediately when you double-click on it.

It will encrypt the clear password (in the first argument) and output the result to the standard output. Somehow you have to capture it and insert it to the SQL table.

Try to run it in the Command Prompt window and you will understand it much better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:23 pm    
Post subject: Hello how i can....

Well my cuestion is, how can i do a script for use de encrypt_pwd.exe? U can send me some tutorial o some thing? because a need encrypt like 3000 user and aim not want do one by one....
Thanks for your help...
Sorry for my write, a'm mexican =)
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:59 pm    
Post subject:

The trick is to redirect the encrypt_pwd.exe's standard output to a variable. Try http://weblogs.asp.net/lorenh/archive/2006/03/24/441004.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:39 pm    
Post subject: thanks!!!!

well tanks, my cuestion was how can i used the encryt pass?, the solution was something like this:

FOR /F %%B IN (pass.txt) DO (encrypt_pwd.exe %%B >> jeje.txt)

i hope this help to someone else, of course is not ready, do you have to separate every 32 character's whit excel

well i hope this help =) and sorry for my english, i only write in spanish =) bytes
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:32 am    
Post subject:

Thanks, lealmtz.

One can also check out ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tscmd.zip . There are tons of examples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: