SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Supported VPN Routers for Centralized Topology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfbox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:38 am    
Post subject: Supported VPN Routers for Centralized Topology

Apologies if these questions have already been answered in one of the forums; if they have, I wasn't able to find the answers. I've read through the sticky "VPN tunnel in Scenario 3 : Centralized Network Topology" and searched the forums as well.

Anyway, my questions:
(1) Are any NETGEAR VPN devices supported or recommended for the the Centralized Network Topology (Scenario 3)? The devices I'm thinking of are the FVG318 and FVS114. I don't see anything in their documentation about support for "non-split" tunnels, but then as I understand it, this may be descibed differently by different vendors.

(2) What is the exact product name of the ZyWall 10 referred to in the sticky post? I see products named Zywall IDP 10 and Zywall SSL 10 listed in the Product Finder on their website. Is it one of these?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:50 am    
Post subject:

1) It looks like the Netgear 318 might be able to support non-split tunnel. The parameter that you need to tinker with should be Traffic Selector - Local IP / Remote IP (Table 7-1 in the manual). Again, the key is to forward ALL traffic to the centralized FirstSpot site. Still, you might still want check Netgear to confirm.

2) Doesn't look like the SSL one to me. Maybe you can try ZyWALL 35.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:49 am    
Post subject:

Thanks for the reply:

(1) I'll check this out with the Netgear device.

(2) Do you not have something more definite about the Zywall model? It's just that the ZyWall 35 device costs over $700 (at least from our regular supplier) and I'd prefer to be sure before ordering.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:13 am    
Post subject:

2) We are not 100% sure and you definitely want to check with ZyXEL or your local reseller. The key is that the ZyWall VPN model needs to support redirecting all traffic to the VPN tunnel ( as stated in http://www.zyxel.com/web/support_knowledgebase_detail.php?KnowledgeBaseID=572&pid=20041216174151 )
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:43 am    
Post subject:

Another thing you can try is to take advantage of the PPTP feature that available in many low-end routers. While PPTP is also a kind of VPN, the PPTP feature within this kind of router is designed with more a replacement of PPPoE in mind, which is used to establish a tunnel. Also, note that the router needs to have option to turn off NAT (FirstSpot will be running IP-based Session Handling).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: