SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Adding time and bandwidth to client account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsgriffin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:35 am    
Post subject: Adding time and bandwidth to client account

I'm hoping that I'm just missing something, but I can't find any documentation that helps me figure this out.

We are selling internet access with both time and bandwidth (DL) limits. Account expires when either is reach.

We have many preloaded plans to choose from but the credit may only be purchased in person (not online). When clients desire to add time to their account for the weekend (while offices are closed) the process of editing a client, selecting a plan and saving their profile has these problems:

1) They lose their existing time. The plans write over their time left.
2) They don't get more BW added. The plan selection simply overwrites their current allotment. Their accumulated BW is still the same.

It seems to me that if an existing client has time left and they come to buy more that selecting a plan that they purchase would add. Is this only a manual process?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:32 am    
Post subject: Fixed it

Took me the better part of the day to figure it out and I know you guys don't want people messing with your code, but I had to solve the issue in the code immediately. Clients were purchasing extra time and the front desk couldn't be trusted to manually add up everything. The latest update of FirstSpot was keeping the addtime and addquota fields disabled. We had to make adjustments manually.

A simple change to the code in the middle of loadplans.php sends the plan data (in my case, downlaod limit and time limit) in the the Add Quota field and Add Time field. All functions appear to work correctly now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: