SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

OpenSSL Handshake failed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsgriffin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:03 am    
Post subject: OpenSSL Handshake failed

My apache error log is full of this:

[Wed Jun 27 09:03:33 2007] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server firstspot:5790, client 10.20.7.31) (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Wed Jun 27 09:03:33 2007] [error] OpenSSL: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

This will repeat for a single client perhaps 100 times. Then another client for 50 to 100 times. I've looked through the Web and haven't found a good answer to the cause. This has occurred with each fresh install of FS, but even it is a client issue, I would like to rule it out as the cause of the FirstSpot haning. After two months, I've finally been able to keep the system running for at least 6 hours at a time before rebooting. I'd love to take it to the last step of not crashing but once in a blue moon.

Does this error have anything to do with Apache seeming to fail or dispatcher?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:09 am    
Post subject:

This is related to the Apache error. Did you try the workaround (Apache) described in http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1914 ? Again, while the Apache error is not desirable, it shouldn't affect the FirstSpot operation once workaround is implemented.

So I suggest we focus on the dispatcherservice.exe error first.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:23 am    
Post subject: Agreed!

I'm trying to get at the root of why dispatcher stops. I'm through trial and error to find out what services I can stop, what loglevel setting and config will help. I'm also just trying to figure out is Apache, through these errors, is causing FirstSpot to hang. There has got to be something causing FirstSpot to hang, unless FirstSpot is hanging without any help.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:37 pm    
Post subject: Another thought

I understand this is not a big deal, but my log is full of unsuccessful handshakes from certain clients. These certain clients seem to be on a for long time. The error appears to state that the Version 3 Openssl on the server is not able to respond to the handshake of a version 2 or something to that effect. Are we able to set the config to accept both Versino 2 and Version 3?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: