SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Timeout won't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
absentile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:02 pm    
Post subject: Timeout won't work

Hi,
I am using registered v4 FirstSpot. All seems to be working fine except that configured by me timeout wouldn't work and if there was an occasional disconnection of client, it's login would go on over idle time until account is emtpy. Could you advise what are the possible issues could affect it?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:59 am    
Post subject:

First for idle timeout, please make sure you disconnect the client PC completely from the network. Sometimes, even with the client PC shutdown/standby, it will still send out packets from time-to-time, which will disrupt FirstSpot idle timeout process.

Have you turned on Client Pass-through and using v4.0.13 (or earlier)? If yes, you might encounter a bug which is fixed in v4.0.14 ( see http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=945 ). Note this problem will happen for timeleft user attribute as well (i.e. FirstSpot won't disconnect the user correctly after all the timeleft minutes are consumed)

The easiest test to confirm whether you encounter this issue is to remove all Client Pass-through entries, and then reboot Windows. Monitor whether you still have this issue. As a temporary workaround, you can add a second router for the original pass-through clients to access the Internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: