SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Firstspot stops every hour....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbandit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:15 pm    
Post subject: Firstspot stops every hour....

We have been running firstspot for over a year now with no problems. We have made no changes to the system, but for some reason the software stops after an hour or so. It is very consistent, so I think the problem is within the server or firstspot software. There are no errors in the event log other than the database has stopped. If I restart the service it comes back, but that only works for an hour. Is there somewhere I can look to see what your software is having problems with?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:56 am    
Post subject:

I still think that something has changed in your system or network.

Did you configure FirstSpot to access datasource remotely? Maybe your network is not stable?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:38 pm    
Post subject:

The mySQL database is local to the server. I've tried to trace issues with the network. One of the machines on the network kept calling for a master browser election, so I turned that machine off. Then I saw where a machine was trying to run windows update and live update, which caused it to shut down....I guess. The system shutdown again sometime this past Friday and was down the whole weekend. I'm going to look into it more today and report my finding here.

Thanks for the assistance.
mrbandit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:11 pm    
Post subject:

I have looked at everything and cannot find a reason for the server becoming inoperable. Today it "stopped" working even though the console showed a started status. Is there anything I can provide you with, so that you may assist me with this problem?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:21 am    
Post subject:

What is the exact version of FirstSpot you are currently using?

Can you zip and email us your Application and System events from Event Viewer (as .evt format) to firstspot@patronsoft.com?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: