SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

routing traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionalhorsten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:16 pm    
Post subject: routing traffic

Hello there,
I downloaded FS4 some weeks ago, and finally am getting a chance to test it. I have basically looked at some of the settings, but I was curious if FS was able to route traffic destined for a particular network or ip address to another gateway? For example, I don't want people to download data from a particular server located on the FS WAN interface, but I want them to access that WAN server through another gateway (which is on the same subnet as the internal nic of the FS server).
Can this be done?

Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:42 am    
Post subject:

First, you might want to use v5 to test. It contains quite a bit of new features that you might find it useful.

Regarding your problem, since you want the client to go to different gateways (FirstSpot or other router) depending on the destination sites, the only method I can think of is to insert a router between the client and FirstSpot, like:

Client -> Router A(implement routing rules based on destination site here) -> FirstSpot
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |--------------------------------------------> Router B

(ignore the dots)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: