SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

How To Collect the "Extra Field Information"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnezic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:11 pm    
Post subject: How To Collect the "Extra Field Information"

Hi I am just wondering if someone can help me with the procedure required to record the extra information that we get a user to fill out when the first login. We currently have all of the fields in place but when we look under Show Extra Information we only see the last 2 field names and no information! Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:17 am    
Post subject:

1) What is the version of FirstSpot you're using?

2) Did you modify any database related settings?

3) Could you further describe your settings on the extra information fields (e.g. number of fields set, the content of the field names and which of them did not show in User Details)?

By the way, please make sure:
i) "Yes" is chosen for "Request user to fill in extra information form at the first login" in the user profile
ii) The box "Require users to input Field x during sign-up" is checked if that field is not allow user to leave blank
dnezic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:15 pm    
Post subject: Extra Field Information

Dominic thanks for the reply, As far as i am aware no one has edited any of the files. We are trying to get another 10 fields of information. All fields are viewable after the user logs in but it does not seem to write their information to the database. ie when we go to a username under Firstspot we only see the last to field names "Email" and "Site Name" but no information in them. Any help would be appreciated
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:18 am    
Post subject:

Let me clarify your situation:
1) You've newly added a user in FirstSpot Configuration Manager and set this user to fill in the 10 extra information fields.
2) You've checked that the two options mentioned in my previous reply were correct.
3) The user inputted something in all those fields during the first login, or you didn't know whether the user filled in all the fields.
4) When you clicked "Show Extra Information" button to check that user in Configuration Manager, the first 8 fields totally "disappeared" (no field name or field content was shown) while the last two ("Email" and "Site Name") shown field names but no content.

Please correct me if I get anything wrong. For step 3, please clarify which situation you're facing. Also, could you tell me which version of FirstSpot you're using (v4/v5 Beta 1/v5 Beta 2/v5 etc.)?
dnezic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:27 am    
Post subject:

Question:
1) You've newly added a user in FirstSpot Configuration Manager and set this user to fill in the 10 extra information fields.

Answer:
Yes but even on a self signup situtaion we want the 10 fields entered

Question
2) You've checked that the two options mentioned in my previous reply were correct.

Answer:
Yes, I reloaded the software and now we have all 10 fields coming up in the Extra Information Screen under the users details. but nothing still getting saved to the database

Question:
3) The user inputted something in all those fields during the first login, or you didn't know whether the user filled in all the fields.

Answer:
Yes there has been information entered into those fields.But it does not record it to the FirstSpot database

Question
4) When you clicked "Show Extra Information" button to check that user in Configuration Manager, the first 8 fields totally "disappeared" (no field name or field content was shown) while the last two ("Email" and "Site Name") shown field names but no content.

Answer:
That was correct, after reinstalling the software we now have all 10 fields showing up but still no content that the user entered

Please correct me if I get anything wrong. For step 3, please clarify which situation you're facing. Also, could you tell me which version of FirstSpot you're using (v4/v5 Beta 1/v5 Beta 2/v5 etc.)?

We are running version 5.0.0 Beta 2
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:18 am    
Post subject:

Please visit http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/download_trial.html to download v5.0.0 final release and test again.
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:26 am    
Post subject:

By the way, are you using Trial/Standard/Advanced edition of v5 Beta 2?
dnezic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:28 am    
Post subject:

It is a reseller version of advanced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: