SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Restricted Account only on bandwidth, not expiration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beardenrv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:42 pm    
Post subject: Restricted Account only on bandwidth, not expiration

Hello, I am using version 5, trial whch offers a very powerful solution.
I would like to be able to either tier users bandwidth or restrict it to the global setting AND shut the account off when it is supposed to expire. For now, it appears that with Restricted account turned on, it will simply lower their bandwidth when their account expires due to time or when they have u/l or d/l too much.

Example: an person comes in and we give him/her a 12 hour ticket for internet access. They are big into file sharing and get started right away. They use up the aloted 300MB per day and are now restricted to the global bandwith throttling. 15 hours later, they are still restricted but are not truly expired. Is there a way to have it restrict on bandwidth and expire on time?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:55 am    
Post subject:

It is simple, you just don't use the "Restricted Account" feature.

In that case, Global Throttling will apply and the account will be suspended when the airtime credit is used up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:19 am    
Post subject:

I am looking to have a tiered bandwidth. Where you start off with high speed bandwidth but after 300 megs, you will be dropped down to a very slow speed (20k) then after your time is used, your account expires.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:41 am    
Post subject:

Well, the model you described a bit hard to generalize. What happens if the time is used up before the 300MB is consumed?

Currently, Restricted Account will trigger if ANY of the resource limit is reached.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:50 am    
Post subject:

If the time is used up before the 300mb, then the account expires. Here's my model:

RV Park
Free access with your stay
(Need to expire at checkout time of 1:00 PM --- 1 day is acceptable here)
I wish to give generous bandwidth to those who will NOT abuse it. So I'd like to give the users 1024kb each. If they do abuse (use up 300mb in one day), I wish to slow their connection down until their time is up.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:04 am    
Post subject:

Currently, FirstSpot works a bit different than what you described.

The closest I can think of is just to use throttling (per-user or global) and and set "Conditions to suspend this account" "At a specific date and time".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: