SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

A couple of Modification Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:58 pm    
Post subject: A couple of Modification Questions

Hello Forum,

I am evaluating the time limited version of the software and I have to admitt that I am well impressed. We are looking into changing a couple of things, mainly to customise the experience for different types of occasions.

1. How can I add a banner, probably a frame at the top that will always be visible, no matter which page the user is viewing. Something similar to opening a URL from an email in hotmail for example.
a. Which file(s) do I modify to create the frameset?
b. What includes should I have ?

2. We do not have a paypal account, and since the service we aim to offer is free, we are not interested in creating one. We still want users to log-in though and also to create their own accounts. I can do that by setting the default remaiing time to "unlimited", but I am still directed to the cart.php page. How can I skip this page altogether ?

Any exaples would be most appreciated.

I would really appreciate your help on these. Thank you all in advance.
Giorgos

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:00 pm    
Post subject:

Sorry, for some reason I am recorded as Anonymous Guest on the post above. it was posted by me.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:46 pm    
Post subject:

1. FirstSpot does not support this at the moment. We have to get back to you on this later on to see if customization is possible.

2. Open the signup_form.php file under the FirstSpot\authserv directory, at line 17, you will see:

<input type="hidden" name="success_url" value=cart.php>

change the cart.php to

"<? echo $sess_desturl ?>"

please note the the quotation marks.

This should redirect users back to the login screen after their successful sign-up.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Giorgos

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:06 pm    
Post subject:

Thank you for all your help. It worked a treat. I think our purchasing dept will be contacting you soon :-)

Good job on an excelent product.
xnp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:05 am    
Post subject: free service

i'd like to add to this thread on the free service.

is there a configuration where it gives users unlimited usage by default when they sign up? how do you make the change for that?

the global throttling setting is for everyone correct? even if a new user signs up the global throttle setting applies to them the minute they are confirmed?

Thanks.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:20 am    
Post subject:

1. inside the Configuration Manager, under the Authentication tab, there's a field called initial airtime credit for self signup users, leave it empty for unlimited credit

2. yes, that's correct.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
xnp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:06 am    
Post subject:

thanks!

besides unlimited, I was also thinking of having a limited free usage. Is there an option where FirstSpot can automatically renew "free minutes" every month?

let's say 5000 free minutes per month. on every 1st of the month, the users account will automatically reset to 5000 minutes to use again for the current month. can this be done automatically?
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:03 am    
Post subject:

No at this moment. But you can write some php script to do that and schedule it to run every month.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: