SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Automatic transfer or central database for multiple hotspots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfleury

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:01 am    
Post subject: Automatic transfer or central database for multiple hotspots

Hello all,

I am running a network of 13 firstspot servers for yachts in Tahiti, and have a lot of accounts to manually transfers from zones to zones.
I don't have any way to have fixed IP here, so, i can't use central server Firstspot scenario.
I am looking for someone who would have had the same problem, and found a solution, like a way to update databases of all servers when a database of one server is modified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt
hostu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:39 pm    
Post subject: multiple servers

hi, are all of your servers on the same private ip range ie: ( 10.20.7.? ) there a utilities that can update or sync the files on two or more servers almost instantly when one changes, i use this for remote bakup and has worked flawlessly for me for years, and as i grow our FS servers may implement it for this... but will be a need for all servers to be on the same network range... this will need to be looked into, but it may be a start for you to start with or not.... i would be glad to host a forum for FS support , that would be in addition to this one if there is enough interest to justify me setting it up, no cost just a place to help one another,,, let me know your interest or not ,,, if this is in anyway not with the desires of FS please mod the post as deemed necessary ,,, thanks all

support @ hostu . org
mfleury

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 pm    
Post subject:

Hello,

yes, all my servers are using the default 10.20.7.1, but they are not connected to each other. Simply by internet, using a dyndns adress. I am not a network expert, but i am not sure your solution could help. And to export the files, you need to stop the firstspot service no ? Because what happens if someone is connected when you export ? And which database would be duplicate ? They are all different on each hotspot (at least for the account that connected since last export).

Thanks for your help, but i don't see how i could use your solution.

Matthieu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: