SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Can't seem to get the software going(Broadcom as PrivateNIC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpab01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 pm    
Post subject: Can't seem to get the software going(Broadcom as PrivateNIC)

Hi All,

I installed the program on a windows2003 server with 2 nics. When I start the program it says that it is started. The problem is that when I try to connect to it with my laptop I don't get the initial page. Can you help me with the configuration? We are seriously evaluating your software.
jpab01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:22 am    
Post subject: Got it to run

Problem was we had 2 nics from Broadcom. We changed one to another brand and it started to work.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:46 am    
Post subject:

Actually, contrary to some of our previous postings, Broadcom card should work (as a Visitor/Private Network Interface). Please:

1) make sure you disable offloading in your Broadcom card by setting the parameter "DisableTaskOffload" in your Registry. Refer to readme.rtf and Microsoft documentation for details.

2) do a clean reinstall of your Broadcom network driver. Make sure you uninstall any low-level networking tools (e.g. HP Network Configuration Driver). Also, use the driver from the Broadcom site or Microsoft update instead of from your PC/motherboard manufacturer as it tends to have less tools bundled that might intervene with the FirstSpot driver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: