SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

DHCP excluded list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cainpro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:28 am    
Post subject: DHCP excluded list

I use the ip of 10.20.7.1 / 255.255.0.0
On the dhcp exclude list I put in: 10.20.0.1 - 10.20.10.255 so that no one gets an ip in that range because I use them for static ip's in the outdoor CPE's. I keep having an error with apache needs to close and I found out last night that the reason for this error is because of too many excluded ip’s were in the list. I wanted to let you know that after spending hours removing these excluded ip's I have not had a problem.
Is there a faster way to remove them? If not you could add a "select All" so that it checks all of the boxes and you can remove them.
Did you know about this problem?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:03 am    
Post subject:

Thank you for your reminder. We will investigate this issue.

If you want to remove many "Excluded IP" at once, you can edit "num_ignored_addr" and "ignore_addr" parameters within DHCP section of config.ini file directly. Make sure you backup the file first before making any changes.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:25 am    
Post subject:

For the Apache crash problem, we've tested that it occurred sometimes when FirstSpot displayed a long DHCP excluded IP list in Configuration Manager. However, this problem will not affect related DHCP Server operations.

The fix will be applied in v5.1.1 update (notice that the coming v5.1.0 release will not include this).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: